About Hinghwa Methodist Church
Hinghwa Methodist Church was founded in 1911 by Rev Dr W.N. Brewster, a missionary in Fujian, China. It served the Hinghwa-speaking congregation in Singapore. Mandarin and English services were added on thereafter. The Church's first proper residence was in a shop-house along Sam Leong Road in 1933. It then shifted to the current location of Kitchener Road in 1941. The present 4-storey building Hinghwa Methodist Church resides in was completed and was dedicated in April 1986.